Friday 28 August 2009

Belle-sonic and Other Adventures

Deary me. Bank holiday weekends are like the midday sun, only mad dogs and...well, Belfast men venture out in them! A digital media company today did the unthinkable and let its employees out boozing super early. Turns out there is a reason why they do not usually do this! The hot shot of the office, an up and coming little blighter, got extraordinarily pissed at The Empire and then perved his way round to the Limelight. To say eyebrows were raised in the Empire is no lie, but as the evening progressed, Tuesdays water cooler shun has evolved into Tuesday formal disciplinary. And there was I thinking we lived in a free country!

Another victim of potential future repentance was seen in McHughs tonight. Perhaps they were following my hint for watching Belsonic, but perhaps not. Certainly, as more and more drinks were consumed, more and more barbed comments were exchanged. Eventually a full domestic ensued, much to the embarrassment of those around. Now now people, everything in moderation- relationships as well as drinks, my sweet children!

Elsewhere, new stories stumbled upon my lap. One of Belfast's legendary cougars was out tonight and somehow managed to get her claws into one of our finest men. Whether he has a little Mrs Robinson complex, or just a little liver, I wonder how that story will pan out? I feel the lady in question is worthy of a high five, I myself have lusted over this delectable young chap. To say I would be above getting him drunk...well, I would be lying.

Meanwhile I was larging it at Custom House Square again. I am of the mindset that a venue is akin to a good party dress- you don't wear the same one twice. However the lure of the line up was too good to miss. Just before the Belsonic headliners came on I decided to take a brief tour of the crowd and see if any mischief was afoot. Disappointingly all was fairly quiet until I stumbled upon one portion of a well-known Belfast DJ collective hurling insults in a drunken haze at a slightly bemused looking bystander. The poor, seemingly sober boy didn't stand a chance against the mighty wrath of an angry trance afficianado but the ruckous was dispelled as quickly as it started when 2manydjs took to the stage.

-The Belle In Belfast

No comments:

Post a Comment