Sunday 23 August 2009

Animal Crackers

Well dear reader Saturday night called once again and the Spring and Airbrake beckoned me into it's warmth, Animal Disco reached it's first birthday and it seems the whos who of Belfast were lining up to help with the celebration. So I dusted off my dancing shoes, dressed up in my gladrags and followed the party. But my goodness, I couldn't quite keep up with the exploits of you animals!

True to form a certain Panama King got quite spectacularly merry, chosing to leave (or being strongly encouraged to go) well before closing time. My my, and I had heard they were such good boys! Looks like it won't be the last time those skinny jeans will be stumbling home early.

Onward from Kings to Knights, perhaps his reputation had preceeded him but it looked to me as if someone went home with only the bitter taste of rejection on his lips. Maybe the female population of Belfast are beginning to put an end to his faux casanova image? Oh no, lips that touch whiskey shall never touch mine.

Dare I say the musical delights of the night were dying down by the end, it still boggles the mind as to why the Lowly Knights need 12 people, perhaps cutting back on the choir wouldn't be such a loss? Maybe they're determined to be the 12 disciples of music?

A whole year of Animal Disco, long may it continue to fan the gossip flames!

- Belle in Belfast

No comments:

Post a Comment