Tuesday 1 September 2009

Bank Holiday Monday Blues

Sunday became the ultimate day of rest for most of Belfast after the hell that was raised on Saturday, but I was expecting more bruised egos to play again last night in true bank holiday spirit...I was sadly disappointed.

I started my night in Stiff Kitten, unknowingly stumbling into the brilliant Soapbox, it's true there weren't that many people, and yes, my time there was cut short by a rather drooling couple making me (and then contents of my stomach) highly uncomfortable, but it's an excellent concept that I will most definately be partaking someday!
For anyone who was equally as unaware as I, Soapbox allows non-dj's the chance to live out their dreams...if that dream is to be a very well supervised dj for 45mins...

Unfortunately leaving Soapbox was the biggest mistake of the night, I ventured over to the Cathedral Quarter, hoping to soak up some of the residual Dukebox atmosphere, but alas, it seems Belfast was still sleeping. A quick nod into the Black Box to see one of the few gigs happing in Belfast that night confirmed a pretty desolate city in comparision to the previous weekend. The only shards of gossip I could possibly exploit was seen upon walking to my taxi home at an uncharacteristically early hour, unless I'm very much mistaken one of Belfast's infamous "on-again, off-again" couples were indeed back for the night (or a lip-lock outside Murials for old times sake). It remains to see just how long it will take him to realised that her drunkenly propositioning him does not make for a healthy relationship, or maybe he just needs to grow a set and stop pining over a girl who clearly is abusing his infatuation. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment